Monday, July 6, 2015

The 4th of July
  I had a good 4th of July. We had to be in at 8 pm so we didn't see any fire works. I am glad the family fed the missionaries because we didn't have any one sign up to feed us but of course the Skousons found out and invited us over. So it was just us and them. We took pictures with them and Pat. They are the coolest!
  So our bike tire is still broken, but TODAY we will fix it. So we have been walking this past week. I really prefer biking. We are a lot more effective that way.
  Fast and testimony meeting was awesome yesterday. There were some good testimonies borne. Rick of course came. He is cool. AND we sung some cool songs. Like one of my favorites 'There is a Green Hill Far Away'. It makes me wish I was more involved in our home ward. (Not that I wasn't but there is a lot that goes on I was oblivious to, like missionary work!)
  Last P-day was a ton of fun. We met as a zone at our stake building and played Basketball, volleyball, and scatter ball. I haven't really played basketball before so the Elders taught me how to play. I was pretty tired afterwards, we played for 4 hours. (Some of us played that long, others were writing letters home, but who does that!?!)
  We are trying to find people to teach and I am super stoked. We have a couple potentials that we have appointments with which is really exciting.
 
  I wish I could tell you all the crazy cool stuff that happens each day. But I am way too lazy. Just kidding, I don't have enough time because there is too much crazy cool stuff! For example, yesterday we had dinner with a family at 5 who live right by the church so we went to visit a nice old lady, Betty, who does not come to church. So we walk up to the REALLY nice retirement community (Woodland Village San Marcos, look it up) and the doors are locked. BUT lo and behold, someone came to let us in. AND it was Betty!!!  Sister Bradley does this tradition where every night we tell each other where we saw the hand of God and something we loved about our companion. (It is always really easy for her to think of something about me..) Just kidding. But maybe I should write those down in my journal or something. MAYBE you all should TOO!!!!!!!!!!
YAYAYAYA
 We do not play around when we bike. At least I don't.
 My 2nd Transfer District Super cool missionaries
 Me and Sister Flint
 THE SAN DIEGO TEMPLE!
 Jack Fletcher!! He hasn't been feeling all that well but he was so happy to take a picture. He is such a cool guy, and I wish you could hear his stories.
 JUST KIDDING! We do have fun biking! (We were waiting for the zone leaders to drop something off, so we are not wasting time playing with the self timer of the camera.)
 Pat Vincent and Sister Bradley
 Pat Vincent and ME!
The Skousons!!! They graciously fed us for 4th of July and we had Icees with ice cream in them. They were pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment